Skip to main content

A dinner with St. Nicholas

’Twas two days before Christmas, yet not quite in the mood,
Then I remembered about all the holiday food.

Feeling much better, I returned to my chore,
Then I heard it, although lightly, there was a knock on my door.

So I looked out my window, surprised as to who I did see,
Wait is that Santa, there, just waiting on me?

“Dude, what’s up? Man you look great,”
“It looks like you lost a lot of your weight.”

“Ho, ho,” he replied, “but for Christmas this just won’t do.”
“My suit won’t fit right, so I came looking for you.”

“Me?” I asked. “Well Santa, you must be mistaken.”
“Yes you,” he replied. “Just feed me. Let’s start off with bacon.”

“Just for the holidays,” he said. “I need to be jolly and round.”
“They say you are a foodie, so help me put on the pounds.”

He walked in and made his way to my table,
“Conjure up some goodies,” he said. “Every meal you are able.”

I set out his cookies and started hoisting out pans,
I started chopping veggies and opening cans.

I cut up some cheese and prepared him a platter,
Then I turned my attention to the heart of the matter.

His visit had to be short, after all, he can only stay for a while,
“OK Santa,” I said. I’ll feed you my way, Cuban-style.”

I made him white rice, black beans and Cuban steak
He ate roast pork and plantains until so full that he ached.

And just when I thought he had to be through
He smiled and burped and said, “One meal more will do.”

I couldn’t believe it. Someone who eats much more than me.
Yet there he still sat, eating sliced brie.

“Dude you’re the king,” I said. “You beat me by a mile.”
“Well Mrs. Claus keeps a tight watch on me,” he said with a smile.

“I don’t do this year-round, like I said, just to fit in my suit.”
“Now go fetch me my final meal, go on now, scoot.”

Back in the kitchen I cooked until my cupboard was bare.
Not a piece of pie left, nor a cookie to spare.

Santa stood up, stretched and was looking quite pleased.
“I’m so full and round,” he laughed. “I can’t see my knees.”

“Look how my suit fits,” he added. “Now it fits perfect and snug.”
“You did it,” he said while wrapping me tight in a hug.

He rubbed his belly, tightened his belt while walking back toward the door.
So joyous was he that he danced ‘cross the floor.

“Thank you so much,” he said. “I knew you’d be up for the task.
He reached into his bag, ruffled about then tossed me a flask.

“Heard you’re a whiskey girl, so please have this drink.”
“Mrs. Claus watches that too,” he chuckled and said with a wink.

“And there’s more gifts to come during my holiday spree.”
“But you must clean up that kitchen and finish the tree.”

Speechless, I stood there amazed.

He walked toward the sleigh, hopped in, fixed the seat up just right.
He rubbed his belly once more and chuckled in pure delight.

“You filled my belly but also warmed my heart,” he said eyes twinkling bright.
“I’ll see you again soon,” he promised, cracked his whip and the sleigh was soon out of sight.

Yet I still heard him clearly… “Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.”

Ok, yeah this is my own adult version of T’was the Night before Christmas. It is intended for fun and laughter only, however, let it be known that no one goes hungry at my house – ever!

In all seriousness whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza or any of the other holiday traditions, religious or otherwise, enjoy it and be safe. Take the opportunity to celebrate those in your life who bring you joy, happiness and yes even laughter.

I look forward to sharing new foodie experiences in 2018.

Peace, out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomato Patch Murder: Crowder up for parole review

Crowder’s file up for parole review Long County case became infamously known as Tomato Patch Murders Patty Leon After serving 14 years of a life sentence Billy Crowder has become eligible and is currently under review by the Georgia Department of Pardon and Paroles Board. Crowder garnered unwanted notoriety during his murder trial held in the summer of 1998 in Long County Superior Court. He, his family and his friend Jason Jordan stood accused of a heinous crime against his grandfather, Thurman Martin. The trial and subsequent series of events placed the small community of Ludowici on the map as events unfolded on the local news and later became a national sensation when a documentary about the family, murder and trial aired on A&E, Court TV and even 20/20. The story involved the alleged abuse of an entire family, a murder and a cover-up; all culminating to Crowder’s verdict and what even some of the jurors called a miscarriage of justice in the sentencing. Crow

Haunted locations of Liberty County, Ga.

The Frame Gallery on South Main Street The Haunting The former owner of the Frame Gallery store reported hearing noises and footsteps emanating from the second floor. Store merchandise was reportedly being moved around or placed, teetering, on the edge of display tables. A candle holder was thrown across the room, former employees saw apparitions and the activity was describes as being mischievous more so than malicious. The activities increased as the Christmas Holidays approached. This building was investigated by a paranormal group that picked up children’s voices on digital recorders as well as other unexplained voices. The investigators detected the odor of camphor in a certain room on the second floor and captured a few Orbs on camera. The History The building where the Frame Gallery was located was owned by Peyton Way and housed a drug store on the first floor and the first Hospital in Liberty County on the second. Dr. T. W. Welborn (1887-1962), who was a physician

Stories about Florida Man part 1

  There is always something funny or unusual coming out of my home state of Florida. Just the other day, a “Florida Man,” washed ashore in Flagler County after he encountered some problems while trying to, “run to the Northern US or Bermuda,” on what appeared to be a giant floating hamster wheel. The man, Reza Baluci, said he was raising money to help the homeless, and raise funds for police and fire departments and the Coast Guard. Turns out that guy has his own You Tube Page and website: https://www.runwithreza.org/ It’s a great website to visit when you want to start going down a Florida Man rabbit hole. Seems to me this guy has done more for his fellow humans, with his feet firmly panted here on Earth or in the water, than billionaire Jezz Bezos has done.  But seriously there have been some truly weird headline throughout the years, some too funny to be believable, others too horrifying, yet true. One of the first headlines I can recall was back in 2012: Florida Man chews off anoth